The Family Room’s Before Baby series offers a variety of prenatal classes that give you important information to deliver and bring home your baby with confidence.
Our classes are offered in a series, bundled, and `a la carte, to give you the ability to customize your prenatal education for your needs. From childbirth classes to breastfeeding information and newborn care, these baby classes are designed to empower parents and help you prepare for your bundle of joy.
The Family Room difference: small classes, community, easy to register, comfy space, variety of options, personalized attention
The cost of all Before Baby prenatal classes includes two people. (note: CPR/First Aid is sold individually if not purchasing the Baby Basics Bundle)
MOMMY & ME/PARENT & ME
The Family Room’s Mommy & Me and Parent & Me program is up-to-date with helpful and practical information for today’s parents. We cover newborn and baby development, parenting topics, and more. We always leave lots of time for questions. Our class is also about you – we don’t leave out the parent part of parent & me. Lastly, we always have fun.
Here’s why our Mommy & Me and Parent & Me program is special:
- The group will become your village. You see the same moms every week. You share, bond, grow, connect and go out for coffee or lunch after class. Sometimes, they even become your life long friends.
- There is a facilitated topic each week that is relevant to the age of the babies’ birth months to nurture attachment and learning with awesome handouts and lots of time for questions.
- The group is led by a marriage and family therapist with an extensive background in infant and child development. It’s the best of both worlds.
- The groups are organized by birth month, with generally a two month span, so all the babies are about the same age.
- We understand that there are many different approaches, philosophies, and ways to do things when it comes to parenting. We will provide research-based curriculum, but want you to trust your gut.
- The series are 8-weeks long and each class is 90 minutes.
- The fee for a series is $320.
- We have developed lots of great topics, but are flexible to meet the needs of each group.
- Our interactive classes include songs, open discussion and the topic of the week.
- Don’t see your birth month? Email us with your birth month and we will be sure to contact you when your class is posted.
- Session you want to join already started? Yes, you can join late! Email us for more information and we will do our best to get you in.
Toddler & Me Series
We have expanded our Mommy & Me program to include the next phase: a Toddler & Me series! Led by an experienced early childhood development expert with an extensive background working with parents and children, presented topics reflect the needs of each group and include everything from tantrums to mealtime. In addition to facilitated topics each week, classes also include songs, child-led play, sensory exploration, and storytime. Feel free to join a later series. Series you want to join already started? Yes, you can join late! Email us for more information. Structure:
- Songs and movement
- Storytime and snack
- Topic discussion
- Child-led exploratory play/sensory play
- Goodbye song
The many benefits of music in the lives of babies and kids are well-documented. From brain and language development, to social and emotional benefits, music is an important building block. It also has the amazing ability to bring people together and provide joy.
The Music Room, The Family Room’s exclusive music program, is both an engaging and fun way to connect with your child.
Here’s why The Music Room is special:
- Music education is tailored to your child’s development and age. The program changes and grows with them. We add more complexity in each stage to continue to build and further develop musicality.
- We’ve partnered with Encore Music and Performing Arts to develop and lead our music program. We have known Rebecca and her team a long time and are thrilled to welcome them into the family.
- Our space is a welcoming, family-friendly environment designed specifically for babies and young children.
- Fall series are 10 weeks and the classes are 45 minutes long.
- The cost for a 10-week series is $220.
- You can purchase and attend a single trial class for $22, as long as the class you are interested in is not sold out. Please check below. A class will be noted as sold out if there is no additional availability.
- See make-up class policy below.
We’ve divided your little ones into the following groups to adapt the program to their developmental needs. Please use as a guide — you know your child best!
Prelude (Non-Crawlers): This class gives each caregiver a variety of songs, movements, and melodies to communicate through music and play.
Movers & Shakers (about 7-to-14 months): Bounce, sway, and giggle as we engage the senses, explore instruments, and introduce the gathering drum.
Single Notes (1-year-olds): Kids and caretakers will have fun while learning musical lessons as the little ones discover their musical world!
Rhythm & Twos (2-year-olds): Older toddlers are ready to sing short phrases, put rhythm and pitch together, plus explore movement and dance.
Here Comes Treble (3- and 4-year-olds): Young musicians start to make important musical connections (all while having fun!).
To attend 1 trial music class, please purchase below and email us the class you would like to attend.
Make-Up Class Policy
Students are allowed one make-up class per series. You may speak directly with the instructor to arrange attendance in another class during the same series dates. Class sizes are limited, so arrangements must be made with your instructor ahead of time. In addition, there will be mixed-age weekend make-up classes added to the end of each series which you can attend.
Children learn about the world around them through their senses, in fact they rely on them. The desire to engage with sensory discovery comes naturally to little ones – that is why babies put everything in their mouths!
Sensory play is any hands-on activity that gives little ones the opportunity to safely discover and explore using a combination of their senses, including touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing. In our messy play/art classes, they will explore and use their senses in a new, meaningful way.
Research has shown that messy play is an important part of early childhood development providing lots of opportunities to develop and learn. Some of the benefits of sensory play include:
- Stimulates brain development by exposing children to new sensations and experiences
- Supports language development by giving little ones new ways to talk about their world
- Fosters positive interactions and social learning through observation of how peers engage with an activity
- Builds self-confidence and awareness as they interact with materials in a creative and spontaneous way
- Supports fine motor skills as they manipulate materials in different ways
- Helps regulate internal discomfort by providing tools for managing frustration and a strategy for calming down
- Promotes scientific process opportunities through creating, investigating, exploring, and problem solving
- Led by early childhood educators, a variety of sensory activities will be offered each week for the little ones to enjoy — from different tactile experiences, to messy art projects, and creative discovery.
- Each class also will include songs and a story, plus tips on how to incorporate sensory play at home.
- Fall series are 10 weeks. All classes are 45 minutes long.
- The cost for the 10-week series is $280 (includes a materials fee).
We will explore. We will create. And we will definitely get messy.
To attend 1 trial Messy Play/Art class, please purchase below and email us the class you would like to attend.
The physical demands on women’s bodies during pregnancy and postpartum are immense. Whether preparing your body for birth or rebuilding your core after your baby, yoga is a wonderful tool to connect with your strength and alleviate many aches and pains.
Our Prenatal and Parent & Me yoga classes are all about you. Our classes not only offer many physical benefits, like promoting alignment, balance and flexibility, but provide a space for new and expecting moms to share and connect. Taught by a certified prenatal and postpartum yoga instructor in our comfortable space, our weekly class is an important reminder to slow down and focus on yourself.
We welcome both experienced and new yoga practitioners.
To attend 1 trial yoga class, please purchase below and email us the class you would like to attend. There is no availability for trial classes in series that are sold out.
Series start date: June 20 through August 22 (no classes on July 4)
Price: $160 for an 8-week pack of classes to be used over a 9 week period